Adobe has adopted CDC Recommendations to help keep our clients and staff safe and healthy while COVID-19 is active in our community. Our goal is to be here for our patients and their families throughout the outbreak. For more information about the specific steps we are taking, please consult the CDC recommendations for Santa Clara County.
What precautions is Adobe taking during the COVID-19 outbreak?
- We are asking that clients who are not feeling well to please stay home rather than come in person with their pets.
- We are asking that ONLY ONE FAMILY MEMBER bring your pet in to minimize the number of people in our waiting room.
- If you are under quarantine or have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you inform the staff. We can help your pet even if you are sick but we cannot see you in person if you are under quarantine.
- When you arrive at Adobe, we will follow CDC recommendations by taking your temperature and evaluating you for respiratory symptoms before you enter the building.
- We are asking any clients who are feeling ill or have been exposed to others who are feeling ill to wait in their cars. We cannot allow you to wait in the waiting room during this time.
- Visiting Hours will be limited to two 30 minute visits a day for pets in the ICU between 9am-7pm. Immediately family members only for visits. Otherwise we are available to give updates 24/7 if your pet is in the hospital.
I am not feeling well and I think my pet is sick. What should I do?
If your pet isn’t feeling well, please go to our main website www.adobe-animal.com. We have veterinary technicians online who can chat with you and provide advice. If appropriate, we can set up a Video Visit with one of our veterinarians. Information for how to set up a Video Visit can be found here.
I am feeling ill. My pet is sick and needs to be seen at Adobe. How can I get my pet to the hospital?
Fortunately, there are a number of options for getting your pet to Adobe.
- If at all possible, please do not bring your pet in yourself if you are feeling sick. Staying home will help you get better faster and protect our staff.
- We routinely work with owners that are out of the area. You can be fully involved in decision making even if you can’t be physically present.
- Ask a healthy friend or family member to bring your pet in. We can call you when we are ready to examine your pet.
- Pet Cab 360 can transport your pet from your home to Adobe and back. They are willing to stay with your pet during their time with the doctor and help facilitate care. Information about their services and fees can be found on their website: https://www.360petcab.com/
I am under quarantine or have tested positive for COVID-19, will you still treat my pet?
If your pet needs urgent medical care, we will take care of your pet. They will receive the same care as any other patient at Adobe. The only difference is that they will be hospitalized in our Isolation ward rather than the main ICU. Unfortunately, if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are under quarantine, you may not come into the hospital. We have many ways to keep in touch with you during your pet’s time with us even if you are not able to be at Adobe in person.
I am sick, should I bring my pet in for wellness care and vaccines?
No. Please stay home. We are postponing all wellness care and vaccine appointments to prioritize patients in need of urgent medical care.